Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Accents




 It has almost been 1 year since I have moved into my new home. I absolutely love it. It is my dream house. Since moving in I have realized that my style has changed a bit and just about everything from my old home doesn't go or fit in my new place. It's a hard realization especially if you're like me and you want your whole house to flow nicely and hate unfinished areas. However, I've been able to let the unfinished rooms stay for the time being, because I have come to appreciate a clean yet simple room and I want to make sure each piece I buy is going to stay for a long time. It's going to be a slow process but so far we have made some progress and I'm happy with the direction we are going. At the moment I would say my house is sort of a beachy, modern, meets traditional.

The best advice I always give is, to not buy things just to fill up space in the moment, instead save your money for the big items you're going to keep forever.

I have to constantly remind myself to not just buy things because I hate looking at the empty space.  I find myself loading things in my cart, little nicknacks, cheap frames, things I always end up tossing or giving away. If I could have only saved myself years ago and put that money towards say an entry way table, or some dinning room chairs my house might just be half way done or I would have some extra spending money. Either way I have found the best way for me to shop is to make a list of things that are most important. Then figure out what brand and style I like, then search for items one room at a time. I try not to get side tracked and shop for a different space in my home. We shall see how well I do.

Happy Shopping.


items pictured;
glass vase, white frame, starfish bowl, wood bowl: Z Gallerie
sunburst mirror: Wisteria

2 comments:

cheinindeutschlandkaufen. said...

Thanks for such a nice content. Apppreciate it :)
Cheers
If anyone interested similar one's have a look here thanks

listateacuppuppies for sale online

how to buy weed online

 teacup poodle for sale

cheinindeutschlandkaufen. said...

Thanks for such a nice content. Apppreciate it :)
Cheers
If anyone interested similar one's have a look here thanks

shih tzu puppies for sale near me

listateacuppuppies for sale online

buy shih tzu puppy online

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...