Thursday, March 24, 2011

Apricot Nut Bread

I like I mentioned before I am obsessed with the book, The Green Diet. When I photographed for the book I was able to try a few things and I just died over the deliciousness of this bread. You must try it. It's so moist and so so yummy.

1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup all-fruit apricot spread or jam
2/3 cup dried apricot pieces
1/2 cup oat bran
1/3 canola oil
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
2 Tbs. honey
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts ( or other nut)

1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring the apple juice to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove the heat and add the apricot spread, apricots, and oat bran. Let stand for 5 minutes.

2 Combine the oil, bananas, and honey in a large mixing bowl; whisk well. Add apricot mixture. Add the dry ingredients to the banana-apricot mixture, stirring just until moist.

3 Spoon the batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool and enjoy.

Servings 12.

1 comment:

Lindsay Marie said...

mm I am going to make this. I just found your blog, I love it so much! I actually did isagenix years ago, it worked out great. I like the shakes tho... chocolate with banana and cinnamon. after my 9 days were over, I would still substitute a shake for one of my meals until I ran out :) weight stayed off well. I lost like 10 pounds in those 9 days. crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...