Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sweet treat

This year I wanted to make rice crispy treats for my neighbors, since it's super easy and we have a ton of kids in the neighborhood. So when I came across a instagram post on adding cake batter, I had to try it. 

They are delicious. I can't believe I haven't tried these scrumptious treats before!

Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats

3 Tbsp. butter
1 (10 oz.) bag of mini-marshmallows
1/3 cup yellow cake mix
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 (1.75 oz.) container of sprinkles

Method: Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat and add marshmallows. Stir until they begin to melt, adding in cake mix one spoonful at a time so its combined. Stir in rice crispy cereal so it is completely covered with marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle in half of the sprinkles and mix. Press into a baking dish (any size will do) and top with remaining sprinkles. Let sit for about 30 minutes before cutting. 

Unfortunately I have to go to the store and get more because my kids have inhaled most of them. 

 Just watch out for the sticky fingers. 


Mary www.MyGreenDiet.com said...

This look so good. I love the photos! Great job!

Chaucee said...

Your photos are stunning! So glad I just found your blog. It's a gem!

nicole me oh my! said...

these were seriously so good! Thanks for the sweet treat! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...