Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Do it Yourself


Ikea Shadow Box Frames with Shells. 


I've been wanting to make these for a while now and I finally did it. It was so easy, I even made two more with coral branches and a Linen backdrop for my bathroom.

I bought the frames from Ikea.
Got fabric at Joanne's, nothing crazy expensive, actually super cheap.
Picked up some shells from a local shop and got to work.

1. Remove the back of the frame
2. Cut out a piece of fabric big enough to fit behind the Photo Mat.
3. Glued the fabric to the backing of the frame with a glue gun.
4. Then Glued the shells on with a glue gun.
5. Put the frame back together and your done.

Good Luck!

7 comments:

Brynn said...

I LOVE this! Cute idea :)

nicole me oh my! said...

They look so good! Great idea candi!

Scott & Adie said...

They create great ambience as you walk into your home. Love them! I love that you picked up the shells yourself in your cute little downtown. Very personal.

Rosa @ Flutter Flutter said...

These are great! And, I am in love with the greys and browns mixed together in your space! Just found your blog, now I'm excited to look around!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Such beautiful shell art! I love it! Such a pretty, natural look.

Carole said...

Lovely idea--I'll be doing this. Thanks for the inspiration.

Amanda hope said...

Beautiful! Do you think this IKEA frame (says 1-3/4 inches online) would work for sea urchins that are 1-1/2 inch thick? Not much leftover room! My IKEA isn't nearby! Wondering if the 1-3/4 thickness of the frame is all "useable." Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...